By the end of this program, the viewer should be able to:
- Recognize the benefits of picture archiving and communication systems/radiology information systems (PACS/RIS) technology, as applied to medical imaging departments.
- Identify the differences between Health Level 7 (HL7), Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM), and Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise (IHE) standards.
- Analyze the effect of initiation and completion of PACS transition on the end user.
- Describe the tangible and intangible benefits associated with PACS/RIS transition, to include return on investment (ROI).
- Interpret the results of an academic study designed to assess the impact of PACS/RIS technology.
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Hour
ACCREDITATION TYPE: ASRT - Technologists
CREDIT HOURS: 1
Unless otherwise noted, this program will be ASRT-approved as a Category A program by the first start date. You must submit the required information by the deadline date to obtain continuing education credit.