By the end of this program, the viewer should be able to:
- List potential benefits of a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) when fully integrated with hospital information systems.
- Define principal high-level PACS terms.
- Identify several niche solutions that can be provided by PACS.
- Explain the basics of the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) standard.
- Describe the basic functions of a PACS and name key components to each.
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Hour
ACCREDITATION TYPE: ASRT - Technologists
CREDIT HOURS: 1
Unless otherwise noted, this program will be ASRT-approved as a Category A program by the first start date. You must submit the required information by the deadline date to obtain continuing education credit.