Breath-by-Breath Therapy Tailored to the Needs of Neonatal Patients
A newborn’s complex physiology requires a delicate equilibrium between the ventilator and the developing lungs. This equilibrium can be supported by delivering a precise volume and pressure and by helping to reduce the breathing fatigue with the correct synchrony and safety to support fragile lungs during the development phase. The Engstrom for Neonates was designed to deliver precise volume and pressure1 – breath by breath - with excellent response time and pressurization."
Comprehensive Set of Modes
- Volume and pressure breaths
- Mechanical, assisted or spontaneous modes
- Hybrid modes with volume guarantee (see VG-PS section)
- Invasive and non-invasive interfaces, including nasalCPAP (nCPAP).
A Flexible Solution
- Integrate your ventilation and monitoring
- Optional proximal Neo Flow Sensor
- Easy to maintain, low cost to own
- Adaptable to your environment
Marchese, A.D. et al. Adult ICU ventilators to provide neonatal ventilation: a lung simulator study Intensive Care Med DOI 10.1007/s00134-008-1332-0
Scopesi F. et al. Volume Targetted Ventilation (Volume Guarantee) in the weaning phase of premature newborn infants. Pediatric Pulmonology 2007 Oct; 42(10):864-70