Driving out Waste Through Real-Time Awareness
Challenging healthcare economics have led hospitals and health systems to take a fresh look at operational performance as a driver of financial stress. Determined to "do more with less," leaders search for ways to make that equation work while preserving or improving the quality and safety of care delivery.
Enabled by GE Healthcare’s Hospital Operations Management solution (powered by AgileTrac), many hospitals have found a way. By combining real-time patient flow data and smarter discharge processes, a 400-bed acute care facility in Florida realized:
- 3,156 hours of reduction in discharge time over nine months—a savings of $328K in SWB
- 68% or 12,202 hours of reduction in emergency department (ED) hold hours over that same period
- Shorter lag time between discharge and patient pickup, with most ambulatory patients on their way in about 30 minutes
These achievements are all the more telling given that this hospital’s census continues to rise, the average patient age is 74 years-old, and 85% of admissions come through the ED.
Read the full case study here
Having invested years ago in its EMR and data warehousing capabilities, another hospital believed they had three legs of their competitive stool built. The third, however, was perhaps most important; a real-time system to manage care operations. Result after implementation of a GE enabled Hospital Operations Management solution
Result after implementation of a GE enabled Hospital Operations Management solution
- Average ER-to-inpatient bed wait time down from 16.2 hrs to 2
- Average wait time for "ASAP" equipment delivery down from 202 minutes to 12. For "routine" equipment, it's down from 184 minutes to 14.
- Realized an estimated $1.2M savings, and admits those savings are just the beginning
Learn more about this Northeastern hospital’s success